G Data MobileSecurity Version 2 not only provides protection against viruses, malicious Apps and threats while surfing the web, it also offers you the possibility to recover your lost phone or to delete personal data if the device has been stolen.
Comprehensive protection for your Android™ phone or tablet.
G Data MobileSecurity Version 2 not only provides protection against viruses, malicious apps and threats while surfing the web, it also offers you the possibility to recover your lost phone or to delete personal data if the device has been stolen.
Protection while surfing: G Data MobileSecurity Version 2 protects against phishing attempts when surfing.
Protection from malicious apps: The permission manager checks the permissions of the installed apps and categorizes them.
Protection against viruses: With the popularity and proliferation of Android, the threat from associated viruses is increasing. The fileand archive-scan will scan the device for malicious apps.
Call / SMS filter: This filter allows you to define who may call or text you. All other messages or calls will not be permitted. Instead they will be listed in an activity log.
AntiTheft allows you to recover your phone in case it is lost or wipe it remotely to prevent data loss if the device was stolen: ‘Locate’ indicates the current location, ‘Lock’ locks up the phone, ‘Wipe’ resets the phone to factory settings in order to prevent data loss, Scream’ sounds a loud alarm.
SIM change detection: If this feature is active, the phone will be locked if the SIM card is replaced.
Password protection for Apps: You can configure a list of apps on the device that can be protected with a passphrase. Each time the app is started it must be unlocked using the passphrase.
Contact privacy: This feature allows you to hide individual contacts on the device.
- Phone or Tablet with Android 2.1 or higher
- 14 MB free memory space
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Thank you for using MobileSecurity 2. Please follow the instructions below to install the product on your smartphone.
1. Make sure that your Android device has been configured to allow apps from outside Google Play to be installed. This option can be enabled as follows:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap the Security option.
- Enable the option Unknown sources.
Confirm that Unknown sources should indeed be allowed.
2. Open the device's browser and enter the URL www.gdata-software.com/rdk/dl-mob2 Alternatively, use a QR code scanner to scan the QR code to the right.
3. Once the download has been completed, you can install the app by tapping the download's notification.
4. After the installation finishes, you can start the app and activate your license key by tapping Activate updates.